The Spiritual Route
Sometimes, one wishes to delve more deeply into exploring the town, get away from the everyday hustle and bustle. After all the glittery and sprightly tourist routes, it is time for a quiet walk and the world of religious sites and faith that sustained our ancestors even during the hardest moments in history.
You can choose a whole day for a fulfilling experience or opt for a shorter version of the route.
meeting at 9 o’clock in front of the Katzler Pavilion
– destination Old Town – the Chair and the Gloriette
– entering the Old Town (the Star, “Zvijezda” in Croatian), Tijesna Street, the Town Museum, Strossmayer Square, the pharmacy
– the central square – Ban Josip Jelačić Square, the Holy Trinity Church, the Franciscan monastery, the Town Museum, St Nicholas Church
– going back along King Tomislav Street – a story of Josif Stalin Street and the St Cyril and Methodius Church, the Edison cinema, Zorin dom, the music pavilion, Franjo Tuđman Promenade
– the Kupa river – a story of the synagogue and the Jewish quarter
– Dubovac – St Joseph National Shrine and Our Lady of the Snows Church
– the Dubovac historic cemeteries (Catholic, Jewish, Orthodox and military)
18:00 the end of the route