Main town square -Josip ban Jelačić square

Trg Josipa bana Jelačića

The streets inside the Star are arranged at right angles. After the plague epidemic in 1691, a votive column (the Plague Pillar), with a statue of the Madonna on top of it, was built on the main town square. A well, ornamented with allegorical representations of the town’s rivers, was built in the geometrical centre of the Star and square in 1869 on the location of a baroque fountain.